Monday, October 18, 2004

My Trip to Pazhani with Kasi

What follows on are my PayaNa AnubavangaL right from the moment we ( Kasi & I) started to Pazhani on Dec 5, 2003.

It all started at about 17:00 on Friday. It was raining slightly at that time & that day is Pradhosham.
So, went to temple at 17:15, and in the urgency, had not been there for more.

And, we thought of having snax at San. And, we met with a minor accident with a bicycle.
We din think that this is a sign for future (near) accidents, which I will describe shortly.

And, we arrived there at the Koyambedu Omni Bus Stand, got into Lakshmi Travels Air-Bus, Yes, it was indeed an
Air Bus. (appa... what a relief !!! )

To my enjoyment, they screened Devar Magan on the TV. What a film it is !! Fantastic Portrayal.
A classic eg. for how a screenplay sud be.. Hitting the nail straight on the head, from the very first frame.

Then, we started talking " Orru Kadhai Olaga Kadhai" till 1:00 AM in the night. We fell asleep & I woke up by a person's loud voice " Pazhani ellam Erankikanga".

Wow!!! We were at Pazhani.
Then, we started walking towards the temple looking for a lodge nearby.
A person in a bicycle started to talk with us & enquiring if we want any rooms for staying out there.
We very cautiously ignored him. We were very much outsmarted during our first visit to Pazhani.

I sud admit that Kasi was cautious but, I am being a "Kuzhandhai" & believing in every body I see, I fell prey
to him. It was indeed a nightmarish experience for me at that time.

And, we sighted a lodge which was showing "New Tirupur Lodge" on its board.
mm.... It was pretty much decent.. but costly with one double cot room costing INR 195.
Just one room with bathroom attached. Good Heavens!!! It had both cold & hot water.

The weather is cloudy with the temperature as low as 25/27 degrees.

Then, we started to sleep slightly to get up by 9:00. But, I woke up to Kasi's voice "dei, 10:30 ayiduchu daa".

Oopsss!!!

Then, we brushed up our teeth, & went outside to buy some basic things needed.
It was still raining. not huge,... but can be called "Thooral".

We bought some apples & had it for our breakfast.
Had a hot bath & started for the temple at 12:15.
We reached the Adivaram at 12:25.

We prayed to Vinayakar below the "Padikattu".
The time is exactly 12:25. We started to walk up the steps. Oooops!!! My heart started beating at
a very fast pace... the thing is we have not even climbed 10 steps.
Such are the steps at Pazhani,, in sharp contrast to Marudhamalai ( my personal favorite).

And to my utter surprise, I was able to see a small kid (sud be below 10) climbing very comfortably with
a Kavadi.... Gr8.

The trick is " We sud walk two steps at a time... and on reaching the Mandapams, we sud take rest, until
our heart beat becomes normal.".

This way, we are able to manage & soon we are at the top at 12:50.. so 30 minutes of walking up the steps.

Still raining... got a INR 10 entrance tkt. Not much crowd,,, except for those goin to Sabari Malai.

We had a Very Good View of Mr. Pazhani Andavar in Raja Alangaram.
Then, we took our lunch by availing of the offer of "Annadhanam". It is decent, except for the rice.

Then, Kasi proposed to go down by Winch, unique to Pazhani.
Yeah, I sud say the experience was worth trying, U will able to see all the things happening around
at an angle of 45 degrees. Just a 7 minute jolly & thrilling ride down the Pazhani hills.

We then went back to the room, & started to leave for Kovai.
The journey was sweet what with the bus(Pollachi Bound) sporting a Video coach, & screening Thiruda Thirudi.
We are able to see till "Manmadha Rasa" (Aaahaa!!! )..

Then, from Pollachi we took to Athupaalam, & then on to my Podanur Home.
Podanur is always sweet with the climate... Hmmm.... I am missing a lot...

We reached my house at around 18:30.. Some nice movie was goin on in Sun TV ( forgot it).

Then, we took a nice tiffin ( Adai Dhosai ...I am having it after a much long time.. Mouth is watering...).

Then, at about 21:30, it was the turn of Star Vijay to show Big Boss, a Bruce Lee starrer, dubbed in Thamizh.
mmm, not much in that.. a very ordinary film....much sounding like that of a few Thamizh movies I have seen.

Surprisingly, I am not even was attracted by Bruce Lee's screen presence.
At sometimes, got annoyed too.

Then, went on to sleep, got up at 7:30 to the voices of Nidhyashree's rendition of "Kalyaana Maalai Kalyaana Maalai...".

Got a call from Gowri ( one of my Classmates at the CIT). He resides at Singanallur, that he wanted to see us both.

Took the biggest risk I have ever taken... decided to cover the distance by Two Wheeler (TVS Max-100 R).

Hmm,,, to my surprise, I was riding pretty good. I don't know how Kasi feels abt it. ;-)

I took the narrow NanjundaPuram road, using which I can reach Ramanathapuram within 10 mts.
Then, had a good ride on the Tiruchi Road. What a Pleasure to ride on a Highway, without much traffic..

We reached at Gowri's house in just 20 mts... sud be around 10:30.

Then... "Vazhakkamaana Visarippugal..." & actually it turned out to be one of my surprise & happiest
moments of this tour. ( I can say so;-), what with Gowri's Mother joining us.

I know her very well.. But, on that very particular day, she sud be in great form.
She used to talk to me very caringly over the phone. It was the first time, I am spending time with
her directly. For her Kovai slang alone, I very much like her .

U know, we chatted for around 2 hrs, & it seemed to go like a flash.
She started talking abt characteristics of Persons based on the Stars.

And, I got the answer to Kasi's talent. ( His star is Revathi ).
She said that those born in that star will have the talent to tell lies or start a story instantaneously.
The worst sufferer of this being me, I got very much delighted to know the answer which has so far
eluded me.

One of my friends' mother too very much cares for me. Now, that my friend (their only son) is pursuing his Masters in Business Admn, whenever I go to Kovai, I pay her a visit. She used to call me for Lunch, and I can return only with my stomach full with full satisfaction. She used to discuss at length at any topic, be it politics, cinema.. & what not.

On one particular occasion, we had a discussion abt Shankar's Boys for nearly 45 minutes. She very much appreciated it for the honesty in its portrayal, though she accepted Shankar sud not have gone too much.

Each of my friend's parents have been very unique in some way. I must be very lucky :-))

Then, we three ( Gowri, Kasi & Me) started to Singanallur Boat House, which I spotted when
we were goin to Gowri's home.

The Kulam is filled with water & now very greeny occupying a large area. But, cudn't see many Kovaites, perhaps they still have not adapted themselves to spending time like this..
A park is also provided.

We took a 30 minute ride into the Kulam in a (2+1) seater boat. Tkt : INR 15. Entrance Tkt : INR 2.

We paddled the boat so gracefully, and this Kasi was threatening to go towards one side, & in the
process planning to upset the boat's stability.

I told him even if we get drowned, others can save us. But for U, no option, as there is no hair in ur head.
Even then.. hmm..

It sud be 13:00. Then, we spotted the park... Kasi & I jumped on a See-Saw.
With his slender structure, he is not able to pull the Heavy Weight Champion (i.e me) up.

Then, we went on a Merry-Go-Round. Then, I played with the "Dhoori" (Oonjal).
Those were my Happiest Moments of My Life..

Then, went to a temple near-by.. Gowri said that there was a Pyramid installed at the school, in which he studied-
Perks Matric. School. The pyramid is huge & we went inside. But, not for more time.
I can see one person sleeping (?!) inside the pyramid, as if he is floating in the universe, & not part of the earth at all.. Hmm .. Blissful Isolation from the Earth...

The Perks School on Sunday is very busy. A correspondence course should be goin on. I can see many young men & women there, bustling around.

Then, thatz it.. Bid adieu to Gowri.. & again Kasi is back on the pillion of my Bike.
This time around I was even more good in tackling the road, riding very bravely ;-)

Then, had a delicious lunch & had a nice sleep. I love sleeping in the afternoon.

In the evening, I again took the bike, this time on the Pollachi Road to Eachanari.
First, went to Eachanari Vinayakar temple. I like this Pillayar very much.
Such presence & beauty in HIM.

Spent some time over there. It was there where we bought books on Pranayamam & Yogasanam.
Gr8 books.

Then, we went to the Mahalakshmi Koyil, which is very near by.
The temple is the first of its kind in South India, & second only to the structure in Mumbai.

Really, a marvel,... well maintained with the ever smiling & blessing Navagraha Anjaneyer welcoming U at the entrance.

The koyil adorns the Three Goddessed Lakshmi, Saraswathy & Parvathi. The flower decorations are just too good.
And, if U come outside, there is always this whiff of Kovai Cool Air...

Then, we took to our home, reached our home by 19:00.
Some film was goin on. I think thats it.

Took a Call-Taxi to the Kovai Station & in the morning we are at The Central, late by 1 hour, due to an engine problem.

That ended it all, my happiest & unforgettable journey so far to Kovai.

No comments: