Saturday, October 16, 2004

Film Review on Solla Marandha Kadhai

Solla Marandha Kadhai

This actually is the film which kindled the writer in me to write a review, thus giving me courage in writing reviews for films.

My view of the review is how I see the film and in most cases not gell with the readers' opinion.

---------------


The caption 'Manidha URavukalin UNarchik Kuviyal' is a fitting caption
to this film.


After seeing such a wonderful film, I cud not resist my temptation to express
my own view abt 'SMK'.

I dont want to tell the story, but a few points abt how the lead characters had
performed..

Cheran has acted his part in a very beautiful manner.He has portrayed the character
of Sivadhanu (what a nice name) in a very superb way.

And the character I like the most in the film is that of Parvathi portrayed by Rathi.
Rathi is much beautiful in that role, that I dont want to think of her role in 'Kummalam',
which is a movie to forget for Rathi.

Rathi has such expressiveness in her eyes, & to me she hasn't acted in the film at all.
Her's & Cheran's are such performances that U wud even forget that they are acting.

And, a very pleasing point abt the movie is that all the characters make an impression
at some or at another moment.

The core part of the film is to show the affection bet. a wife & a husband.

The intimacy bet. Sivadhanu & Parvathi has been shown in such a wonderful & very very
natural style.This kind of intimacy hasn't been portrayed in Thamizh cinema for a long time
since Bhagyaraj.

And the moments, where there are quarrels bet. them & the moments when they are happier
are enjoyable.

Especially, a few scenes,

-the scene, in which Cheran returns to Rathi's home, & finds the door locked by Rathi.
-the scene in the hospital where Cheran comes to see her wife after the delivery of their baby.

These are the scenes in which Thankar Bachhaan, who had taken care of Story, Screenplay,Camera, Dialogues & Direction, stands out.

And music by IR is superb & the songs still linger in my heart, particularly 'Etho Unna ' & 'Kundu Malli''. But the BGM is not upto the class of IR, may be becoz, the songs too are written by IR.

The irking fact is that all the characters cry at one or at another point.This may not be liked by all, but I love this kind of moments.The sentimental scenes are also quite natural.

And, atleast in my opinion, it is a must to be seen film.
And, after seeing the film , U will not think that ur money had been wasted.

FYI,

The story is based on a novel written by Nanjil Nadan, & not Thankar Bachaan,
as I believed earlier.Let us hope that in the future, more films will be made based
on Novels.

No comments: